Does Your Roof Leak?
Call South-West Roof today and have one of our trusted inspectors look at your cedar roof. Roof leaks, if unattended, can have damaging effects on your home. Major interior damage, rot, mold, fungus and seepage can make your home unpleasant to live in and can make them unsafe. South-West Roof Restoration Inc. has been the premier Vancouver roofing company, serving all of greater Vancouver since 1985. We don’t work on cedar roofs only, although our staff are experts in cedar roof inspection, repair, restoration, maintenance and re-roofing in Vancouver, BC. We also provide exceptional service on asphalt roofs.
Having a cedar roof inspection completed is an important first step to fixing your leak.
When we inspect your cedar roof, we seek out the source of the problem – where the leak is occurring, then determine if there are any other contributing factors. The problem may be a simple one, but having a full cedar roof inspection will reveal if there are other areas that are at risk or are potential problems that you need to be aware of. Once the problem is revealed, our friendly staff provide you with a repair estimate, go over the repair process with you and if approved book a day for the repair.
Our philosophy is to do what is required to keep your cedar roof looking and functioning as it should. A little bit of cedar roof maintenance can go a long way. We inspect each roof, determine if the roof can reasonably be repaired or restored and base our recommendation for service on the most effective use of your dollar. If we can save you money by repairing your old roof, then that’s what we will recommend. We perform each cedar roof inspection carefully to determine exactly what level of care it needs. Whether your repair is a small job or a major repair, you can rest assured that we will properly assess the job and recommend the best route to return your roof to its former beauty.
How Do Most Roofing Contractors Make Their Money? By Replacing Your Cedar Roof
If you have an “old” cedar roof or one that is leaking, many roofing company estimators will tell you that your roof is done and therefore must be replaced, based on the belief that cedar roofs last 20-25 years. These contractors likely do not know or understand cedar shake roofs or your roof specifically.
Too often we have seen perfectly sound cedar roofs go to the dump because the contractor replaced an old roof without considering the alternative – maintaining your current roof.
At South-West Roof we are committed to protecting the environment and save thousands of trees every year by using reliable, environmentally friendly roofing techniques and eco-friendly products, on our work sites. We have built a strong reputation based on the quality of our work and friendly, professional service. You can trust that we will deliver because we stand behind our work, with a 5-year written warranty.
Get a Cedar Roof Inspection Performed By A Company That Knows The Cedar Roof Business.
There are many different mini industries inside roofing. Just because a company does roofing does not mean they know about cedar roofs.
So, choosing the right contractor boils down to this:
- Find contractors who know cedar roofs and specialize in cedar roof restoration so that they can properly qualify your roof
- Check out their Better Business Bureau rating.
- Get references from past and existing customers. The roofing business is notorious for fly-by-night operators.
- What material is he offering?
- Is it similar to what is on your roof now?
- If you are considering having cedar roof cleaning or treatment, how long will it last?
- Is the treatment cosmetic or does it help increase the longevity of the roof?
- Does the contractor’s proposal follow the guidelines of the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau or your local Roofing Contractors Association guidelines?
- What is the time line for starting and completing?
- Does the price include cleanup, portable toilets, bins, etc?
- Is a down payment required?
- Ask to view and read the warranty
- Is the contractor insured with Workers Compensation? Ask for proof.
- Does the contractor have adequate liability insurance? Ask for proof.
If your contractor believes that your cedar roof needs to be replaced, you could save thousands of dollars by getting a second opinion. Call us – we would be happy to provide you with a second opinion – for free. No obligations, just good, honest information.
Why Let Your Roof Deteriorate?
If your cedar roof inspection reveals that all you need is restoration, South-West Roof can save you thousands of dollars by restoring your existing roof! South-West Roof Restoration will restore the original elegance and beauty of your cedar roof for a fraction of the replacement cost.
- We offer cedar roof treatment that will give it amazing longevity!
- Cedar roof washing, cleaning and repairs
- Shake and shingle replacement
- Ridge cap repair and cedar roof maintenance
- Leak repair and preventions